Are you looking for an early childhood experience designed to equip your child with solid foundational skills to best prepare them for success in kindergarten? Lynchburg City Schools is the place for you. LCS offers Pre-K programming for eligible children who are 3 and 4 years old by September 30, 2021 that live in the city of Lynchburg.
About our Pre-K Programs
- The LCS Pre-K programs are grant funded through the Virginia Preschool Initiative.
- Programs are contingent upon funding & program locations are subject to change.
- Children in LCS Pre-K programs are cared for and taught by knowledgeable licensed teachers and staff with skills to support their development and learning.
- LCS Pre-K programs focus on the necessary literacy, math, self-regulation, and social emotional skills needed to be successful when entering kindergarten.
- The following LCS schools offer Pre-K programming:
- Hutcherson Early Learning Center
- Paul Munro Elementary
- Perrymont Elementary
- Robert S. Payne Elementary
The program is available for children ages 3-4 years old by September 30, 2021 and meets eligibility criteria in accordance with the Virginia Preschool Initiative Guidelines.
Complete and submit an online application for the select program.
An LCS representative will call to schedule your Pre-K Intake Appointment. (Appointments begin in May).
Bring the following documents to your Pre-K Intake Appointment:
Parent/legal guardians of accepted students will receive a letter via U.S. Mail and/or electronic email.
All available Pre-K slots for the 2021-22 school year are full. New, eligible applicants will be placed on the waitlist.
Need assistance completing your application? Don’t have access to a computer or reliable internet? We are here to help. Please call (434) 515-5180 ext. 38019. Leave your name and number and someone will contact you to help you through the application process.
Direct any questions regarding this information to:
Mrs. Renee Anderson
409 Perrymont Avenue
Lynchburg, VA 24502
firstname.lastname@example.org or (434) 515-5250