There are several ways that you can support the Education Foundation in its efforts to advance the Lynchburg City Schools’ tradition of excellence. Your gift will allow the Foundation to continue a variety of educational programs each of which are designed to strengthen and enhance the educational opportunities for LCS students.
Classroom Innovation Grants
These grants support teachers' proposals for innovative projects or programs in the classroom. To become a Classroom Innovation Grant sponsor, print and complete the registration form and send it to the address below or email@example.com.
Breakfast with the Superintendent Sponsorships
This community outreach event allows our business, civic, and community leaders to learn more about our schools while supporting LCS programs. To register as a sponsor, or register as an individual, simply print and complete the registration form and send it to the address below or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Honors Recognition Sponsorships
This event celebrates the top LCS scholars of each graduating class. To help sponsor this event please contact Jodi Gillette, Executive Director, at (434) 515-5081 or email@example.com.
Scholarships help to offset the high cost of a college education and increase the chance of student success. Sponsored scholarships usually start at $1,000. Please contact Jodi Gillette, Executive Director, at (434) 515-5081 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donations to the Foundation
- Direct Donation Form You can make a tax-deductible gift of cash, property, stock or any asset for which you can obtain an appraised value. If you would like to make a direct donation by check, please print and complete the Direct Donation Form and send it along with your check to the address below.
- MATCHING GIFTS: Increase the impact of your donation with a matching gift! Request a matching gift form from your employer, and send it completed and signed with your gift. We will do the rest. Some companies also match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses.
- VIRGINIA STATE TAX FORM: Allocate all or a portion of your Virginia tax refund, or an additional gift, when you complete your state tax return. Indicate your contribution on line 31 of form 760 and use code 680001 on line 11 of the Virginia Contributions Schedule (VAC), section II. The Foundation will then receive a check in the amount of your donation!
- PLANNED GIVING: Leave a legacy to public education and help fund the future of our Classroom Innovation Grants or other Education Foundation programs. You can demonstrate your commitment to public education by ensuring our teachers, students, and schools have the resources they need to maintain a tradition of excellence. Gifts at any level have an impact. Consider a gift of $25,000 or more to create a named endowment fund to provide support for generations to come. Gifts can be restricted to support the Foundation based on your specified preferences.
- Payroll Deduction Form If you are an employee of the Lynchburg City Schools, you may contribute to the Foundation though payroll deduction. Simply print, complete, and sign the Payroll Deduction Form and mail it to the address below.
- Donate online at Paypal.
- AMAZON SMILE: Select The Lynchburg Public Schools Education Foundation as your charity at smile.amazon.com to support our programs while you shop!
- Prefer to donate items? You can access our wish list through Amazon Charity.
- UNITED WAY DONATIONS: You can direct your annual United Way contribution to the LCS Education Foundation or designate it to education.
- SHARE GREATER LYNCHBURG: Lynchburg City Schools Education Foundation, Inc. is featured on this community philanthropic platform.
- GIVE THROUGH YOUR IRA: If you are age 72 or older and have to take required minimum distributions, you can make a tax-free transfer of up to $100,000 each year directly from your IRA to a charity, which counts as your RMD but isn’t included in your adjusted gross income. Ask your IRA administrator about its procedure for making this "qualified charitable distribution" (QCD).
Your tax deductible gift to this non-profit organization will be acknowledged by letter. You will also receive future mailers about the Foundation, its programs and projects.
Mail forms to:
Lynchburg City Schools Education Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 2497
Lynchburg, VA 24505
Questions regarding any gift should be directed to Jodi K. Gillette, Executive Director at (434) 515-5081 or email@example.com.
Fed Tax ID# 54-1385200