Math - 2019-20
K.8 - Calendar
The student will
- investigate the passage of time by reading and interpreting a calendar.
- So that I know when special days like holidays and birthdays are.
- So that I know what resource I have today
- So that I know what days to go to school
UNDERSTANDING THE STANDARD
situations are appropriate to develop a sense of the interval of time between
events (e.g., club or team meetings occur every week on Monday, there is a week
- The calendar
is a way to represent units of time (e.g., days, weeks, months, and a year).
- Using a
calendar develops the concept of a day as a 24-hour period rather than a period
of time from sunrise to sunset.
The student will use problem solving, mathematical communication, mathematical reasoning, connections, and representations to
- Name the twelve months of the year.
- Name the seven days in a week.
- Determine the day before and after a given day (e.g., yesterday, today, tomorrow).
Updated: Aug 22, 2018