Math - 2018-19
MA.5 - Continuity of Functions
MA.5 The student will investigate and describe the continuity of functions.
UNDERSTANDING THE STANDARD
· Continuous and discontinuous functions can be identified by their equations or graphs.
· Discontinuity can be described as point (removable), jump or infinite.
· A function, f, is continuous at a point c if and only if
The student will use problem solving, mathematical communication, mathematical reasoning, connections, and representations to
· MA.51 Describe continuity of a function.
· MA.53 Classify types of discontinuity.
the continuity of functions including absolute value, step, rational, and
piecewise functions, using graphical and algebraic methods.
continuity at a point, using the definition of limits.