Social Studies - 2018-19
3.2 - China & Egypt: Architecture, Inventions, the Calendar, and Written Language
The student will explain how the contributions of ancient China and Egypt have influenced the present world in terms of architecture, inventions, the calendar, and written language.
- So that I can be able to explain certain modern situations, the study of history is essential to the progression of the human race
- So we can learn about our society and culture by studying them
- So I can learn that Ancient China and Ancient Egypt are both civilizations that contributed to our modern architecture, inventions, our calendar and written language
UNDERSTANDING THE STANDARD
Ancient people made contributions that affect the present world.
Terms to know
- ancient: Long ago
- architecture: The design of buildings
- contribution: The act of giving or doing something
Contributions of ancient China and Egypt
|Written Language||Characters, symbols||Hieroglyphics|
|Inventions||Kite, silk, cloth, compass, fireworks||Paper made from papyrus, 365-day calendar, clock|
Many inventions of ancient China and Egypt are still used today.