Social Studies - 2018-19
K.9 - Money and Choices
The student will
a) recognize that people make choices because they cannot have everything they want; and
b) explain that people work to earn money to buy the things they want.
- No one can everything he or she wants.
- Choices have consequences.
UNDERSTANDING THE STANDARD
People cannot have everything they want. A decision-making model helps people make choices.
People have to make choices about things they want.People work to earn money and use it to buy the things they want.
Terms to know
- choice: Deciding among two or more things
- wants: Things people would like to have
- money: What people use to buy the things they want (paper bills and
coins are examples of money)
When people cannot have everything they want, they must choose something and give up something else.
Sample Decision-Making Model
Decision to be made: